This is going to be one of the easiest things you’ve done in a while to help your SEO… at least if you’re using WordPress.
I know, I know… Keeping up with Facebook and Instagram are already hard enough, and NONE of your members are on Twitter. (that statement may not be fully true – but who cares). I’m not asking you to add 1 more thing to your plate this time. However, I am asking you to leverage a technology for your own benefit.
- Make sure you have a Twitter account setup.
It takes 5 minutes… 10 if you stop and get a cup of coffee while you’re doing it. Just make sure it includes your name, a good description of your position in the market, and a link to your website.
- Make sure you have JetPack installed and setup.
This also takes about 5 minutes. And since you got that cup of coffee while you were setting up Twitter, I’m sure you’re feeling ready for anything.
- Connect JetPack with Twitter.
This tells WordPress that every time you post a new blog, JetPack will make sure that a link (and preview) get’s re-posted to Twitter. That’s right. You set it up once, and it does everything for you.
Why does this benefit you?
- Google loves links – every blog post re-posted on Twitter links back to your website. This is good.
- Google likes Twitter – I won’t get too much into this, but Twitter has a high PageRank so having links from Twitter is a good thing.
- Your Twitter page might get ranked – Wouldn’t it be cool if your Twitter profile got ranked higher in Google than a competitor’s website?