An email signature is a bit of text (by default it’s generally your name) that’s automatically inserted at the bottom of every email you send.
The whole idea behind building your brand is giving your prospects (or the general public) a memorable way to remember your company. Each year, companies spend MILLIONS on establishing brand awareness because they know that although most branding is ignored, it subconsciously builds familiarity. Guess what happens when consumers are faced with purchasing decisions? Consumers buy MORE from brands they’re familiar with!
Now think of how many emails you send to prospects, members and other vendors. A lot, right? Every email you send is an opportunity to create brand awareness. The more brand awareness you can build, the more familiarity you’ll have with your potential prospects.
How to setup a branded email signature:
Note: This tutorial assumes you use a Google-based email system. For best results have 2 browser windows open – one for your email inbox (browser #1), and one for your website dashboard (browser #2).
- In Browser #1 – Open your email inbox, and click on the cog in the top right corner, then select “Settings” from the dropdown.
- In Browser #2 – Open a new page in your WordPress dashboard, upload your logo, and use the Visual mode to adjust the formatting of your new email signature. If you know HTML/CSS, go to the Text mode to fine-tune the formatting for a more polished look. After you’re done, select all the contents while in the Visual mode, and copy them to your clipboard. (This copies all the formatting you’ve just applied.)
- In Browser #2 – Go ahead and save this as a “Private” page. This way, if you ever need to make any changes to your email signature, you don’t have to start from scratch. Let’s work smarter, and not harder!
- In Browser #1 – Scroll down to the “Signature” setting. Yours will most likely be empty, or just have your name in it. Delete the contents of the signature box, and then paste what you’ve copied to your clipboard. The contents should look almost exactly the same as what you created in your WordPress page editor.
- In Browser #1 – Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click “Save Changes”. (you don’t need a screenshot of this, do you??)
- In Browser #1 – Click on the red “Compose” button in the top left of your screen. You should now see your beautiful new email signature, ready start building brand familiarity!
Need help or want something a little more custom? Contact Us »